2011.04.16

I don't use blend modes in Photoshop too often but they definitely have their uses.  The image of St. Dominic's Catholic Church in San Francisco (above) was taken with a 10mm lens (thanks Bill), ISO 100, f/5.6 at 1/160 sec.  In Photoshop I first did some basic adjustments in RAW.  I only photograph in RAW format now.  Yes, MUCH bigger files but they often provide a couple stops of information to either side of what was shot - very useful when you think you got the shot but it needs a little more or less exposure &c.  In Photoshop I used the pen tool to outline neo-gothic church and then adjust the curves for the sky to give some 'pop'.  I then reused the pen outline to convert the building to black and white but set the blend mode to 'Overlay'.  I hope you like the photo - be sure to click on the image for full resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment