2010.09.04 - Apple Trees

Apple Trees

Guess who went apple picking today?
We went to Gabriel Farms (http://gabrielfarm.com/) in Sebastopol (Sonoma County), California.  This was an awesome organic farm.  The folks there are really, really, really friendly and helpful.  We are definitely going back.  We are looking forward to making some apple butter, an apple 'cake' that bakes for 14 hours, and some other yummy treats.

You may have noticed this photo and the photo from yesterday have been taken with an external flash.  Now that my D300s has 'commander mode' I am practicing with off camera flash.  This photo would look really bad (in terms of lighting) if I only used the mid day sun.  I was able to take out some of the heavy shadows (and get a nice blue sky by stopping down the lens) by popping my SB-600 at half power from ground level.  If I had a diffuser the lighting would have worked a bit better ... I wouldn't have the same harsh uplighting at the lower hanging apples.  The photo is a bit busy but I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment